Monday, October 22, 2012

Zine Aedes #1

Editor : Joe Kidd
Tahun Rilis : 1987
Zine dari Kuala Terengganu
konten:
artikel, scene report, review zine, review muzik dan interview bersama Kaos General,
bahasa [language] : bahasa nusantara + english

DOWNLOAD ZINE
----------------------------------------------------------
"I'm way past the deadline to fill up 8 pages of the upcoming Shock & Awe fanzine, a special issue concentrating on the Klang Valley DIY Hardcore-Punk scene (coming out with a 7" attached!!).

While doing a bit of research, I found this cover scan of AEDES fanzine #1. This is my zine, the first issue done in 1987, way back when I was still living in the East Coast.

AEDES is now known as the firs
t ever Malaysian fanzine. Truth is there was another zine which came out earlier called HURU HARA, done by my friend Mamat Hitam, but I only saw the master pages; it was not known whether he managed to photostat it in numbers and pass it around or not.

There's a story behind the name of the zine. Aedes is a type of mosquito common in the region, the much feared propagator of tropical "dengue fever"; a killer pest still plaguing the health ministry to this very day.


I had no name/title in mind when I started working on the zine until one day when I was out front of my mom's house working on the cover with a marker pen, scissors and glue, the health ministry's land rover came a-calling. Out came four health inspectors, and they walked around our house inspecting puddles, up-turned tin cans and old tires.


Half an hour later, they came up to me one holding a test-tube with several mosquito larvae wriggling away inside. So begun a lecture on cleanliness and this particular breed of mosquito. I've heard it all before on TV and newspapers, but never really thought the buggers would be round my own house.


Anyway, we were spared from been fined for our negligence. One of the inspectors told me to start keeping an eye on our backyard and clean up the mess. Before he left, he gave me an A5 circular about Aedes. Right on top of the page, there's this capital lettering proclaiming AEDES. I cut it out, fucked it up a bit with a marker and pasted to the front cover.


Ta da! AEDES fanzine!
" - Joe Kidd - 14.10.2012

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ,Buat saudara punya permasalahan ekonomi: hub aki santoro,karna saya sudah membuktikan bantuan aki santoro yang berminat,hub aki santoro di nomor 0823 1294 9955, atau KLIK DI SINI

      Delete
  2. boss, kalau ada link utk share ke fb lagi cun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bro. link di fb memang ada. check kat page fb Koleksi Zine

      Delete